Best places to visit this winter:
- Southwest Florida. Spend hours on the beaches of Marco Island looking for seashells, indulge in a day of beauty at the spa of one of the many luxurious hotels, or go shopping in nearby Naples.
- Southern California. Enjoy sunny skies and balmy weather while relaxing on the beach. Or visit the San Diego Zoo, famous for its diverse variety of animals and 100 acres of breathtaking landscaping.
- Scottsdale, Arizona. Great for golfers and spa-goers alike, Scottsdale has something for (almost) anyone – there are wine-tasting and food tours, museums and shopping.
- Denver, Colorado. There are many ways to enjoy your time in Denver, like visiting its many museums, or the Denver Botanic Garden with its 15,000 species of plants. If shopping is your favorite pastime, visit the 16th Street Mall and shop to your heart’s content.
- New York City, NY. If you don’t mind the cold, and like fine dining, museums, and shows, New York City is the place for you. Whether you are exploring Manhattan’s Fifth Avenue, or a taking carriage ride through Central Park, a vacation in New York City will provide culture and excitement.
- Caribbean Cruise. If your budget allows, why not take a cruise? Enjoy unlimited food choices, spa services, cultural events, and day trips on beautiful Caribbean islands.
- Las Vegas, Nevada. Las Vegas is not just for gamblers. Enjoy fine dining and family entertainment, such as Cirque du Soleil, or take advantage of mild weather all winter while exploring an outdoor art gallery.
- Montreal, Canada. Although winters here are quite cold, Montreal offers the charm and beauty of a European town, without the trans-Atlantic travel. Stay at a charming bed-and-breakfast and plan to spend the day walking and shopping. Window-shopping is always an option!
No matter where you decide to go, always exercise caution. Travel in groups whenever possible. Keep a copy of your credit cards and passports in the hotel safe, be aware of your surroundings and don’t flaunt your valuables. While being cautious is a must, don’t forget to have fun and take lots of pictures for friends and family back home.
You may also like: